Cogent Professionals offers innovative approaches to partnering with its clients. One of these innovative approaches is insourcing the laboratory services. In this model, Cogent collocates scientists and equipment within the client’s facilities. Cogent is responsible for recruiting, hiring, providing benefits, and managing the insourced staff. Cogent assigns a leadership team and co-develops a workflow with its clients to ensure the tasks are conducted with efficiency, accuracy, safety, and quality. This solution is not temporary staffing: our team provides laboratory services from sample management and instrument maintenance to laboratory testing expanding your capabilities the way you use outsourced services, but embedded within your facility working alongside your scientists.
This model offers many advantages for those companies considering it:
- Maximizes the real-time exchange of scientific information and the resulting ability to rapidly adjust research priorities in response to breaking results;
- Improves results turn-around times by rapidly adapting to changing project needs;
- Utilizes unoccupied laboratory facilities and equipment available because of prior downsizing initiatives;
- Provides flexibility of adding or reducing human resources as needed in terms of numbers, schedule, and skill set.
Cogent Professionals offers innovative approaches to partnering with its clients. One of these innovative approaches is insourcing the Sample Management Services. In this model, Cogent is responsible for recruiting, hiring, providing benefits, and managing the insourced staff. Cogent assigns a leadership team and co-develops a workflow with its clients to ensure the tasks are conducted with efficiency, accuracy, safety, and quality. By insourcing your sample management team, you are expanding your capabilities the way you use outsourced services, but embedded within your facility working alongside your staff. This model offers many advantages for those companies considering it, including:
- Improves turn-around times by rapidly adapting to changing project needs;
- Provides flexibility of adding or reducing human resources as needed in terms of numbers, schedule, and skill set;
- Frees your team to focus on core business matters;
- Provides 3rd party management of sample storage, management and preparation to ensure quality.
With Cogent’s on-site maintenance services, you won’t have to worry about when it’s time for those instruments to be calibrated. Cogent’s team will provide acute and preventative maintenance regardless of the manufacturer. We will also maintain your inventory of reagents so your team can focus on their core capabilities. In this model we offer:
- Instrument installation and relocation
- SOP development
- Preventative Maintenance
- Instrument Repair
DRUG DISCOVERY SERVICES
Getting it right for any project is critical, and so it is for drug discovery. We offer several drug discovery services for small-molecule drug discovery to help you start and advance your research projects. Whether your biological target is known or new, our team can help you find and develop novel small molecules against your target and advance your research programs quickly. We put at your disposal scientists with years of R&D experience and well versed in modern discovery techniques to find, design and develop potential small-molecule drug candidates based on your desired mode of action (i.e., allosteric, catalytic, protein-protein interaction) against the target. Our discovery research services include:
- Hit Identification – Finding hits with the right attributes to start a drug discovery program is crucial. With millions of commercially available compounds and a plethora of chemical providers, finding and selecting the right compounds for your assays can be a daunting, time consuming, and expensive task. Our team can use modern computational approaches to identify compounds (hit- and lead-like) and/or compound collections for screening against your assays and targets of choice (i.e., enzymatic, cell-based) to find promising hits while keeping costs low. Active compounds are selected based on synthesis feasibility, costs, risks, mode of action, druggability potential, potential liabilities (i.e., ADME, Tox, solubility, druggability) and intellectual property (i.e., patent space, utility, mode of action, composition of matter).
- Mode of Action – Many known and newly discovered biological targets are associated to one or more diseases. Hit compounds coming from biological assays confirm the potential druggability of the biological target and are a great starting point initial SAR studies (hit to lead). However, the way a hit compound interacts with a biological target (mode of action) is not always clear. We devise strategies to elucidate and validate the mode of action of a hit compound. And we go beyond that. For clients wanting new active molecules that can interact via a new mode of action against a particular biological target, our team of medicinal chemistry-molecular modeling experts design small molecules to fit the desired molecule-target interaction criteria.
- Hit to Lead – To avoid wasting time and resources pursuing erroneous compounds, we resynthesize hit compounds to ensure that their chemical structure is correct and that the observed biological activity is not due to impurities or by-products. Our scientists use their ample R&D experience to design and identify hit-related compounds (i.e., direct analogs, bioisosteric replacements) with lead-like attributes (i.e., permeability, water solubility) to quickly gain an early SAR (i.e., potency, selectivity) and identify the best candidates and synthetic routes for further optimization. We also offer our expertise in compound library synthesis to provide fast and cost-efficient access analogs of interest, explore and claim chemical and biological space.
- Lead Optimization – We provide our years of medicinal chemistry expertise to improve the chemical, biological and druggability profile of lead compounds. We optimize for potency, selectivity, molecular properties, cell permeability, ADME/Tox, pharmacokinetic profiles, desired mode of administration, formulation, etc. Our scientific and operational workflows allows for fast prioritization, maximum resource utilization, and just-in-time actions to minimize waste, make quick decisions and reach goals quickly.
Phone: (317) 454-8080
101 W. Ohio St, Suite 1500
Indianapolis, IN 46204
If you are ready to engage with Cogent, or you simply have questions on our solutions, complete the easy form below and we will respond within 24 hours.